Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Italy Picture Links

Since this is my trip blog, I figured I'd add links to my web albums for Italy. The links are on the left side, under "Links of Importance." Also, here's my trip summary, for those that haven't read it yet:

The first two days, we toured Rome, and I got to stand in the Colosseum, St Peter's Basilica, the Roman Forum, the Pantheon, and many other famous structures. As a history buff, I was ecstatic, elated, and ebullient all at once. Oh, I also got to stand in the prison that Paul and Peter were kept in! After Rome, we went to Ancona, and the following is what happened:

God opened my eyes to a lot of things, like the importance of relationship building, especially in that culture. One of the main things we did, other than hanging out with the Italians and helping with english lessons, was prayer walks. Although we didn't do any manual labor, the prayer walks gave an opportunity for us to feel like we were doing something. Also, the coffee house we hosted and video game party outreach were both incredibly successful, with bigger turnouts than ever before (21 Italians, and 28 Italians, respectively.) The trip also helped to relight my passion for Germany. Several Italians (in broken English) asked what I was going to do after college, and I told them be a missionary in Germany. A few said that they didn't like Germans because they're mean and cold people. So I hope I can help to change that.

Please pray for the ministry of La Via (the name of the facility the missionaries use), for the missionaries and their families as they build relationships with the Italians, and also for the Italians hearts to be softened.

No comments: