Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spelling Errors

Sometimes, stuff just seems funny. Take this sign for instance. I saw it, and knew I had to post it online. I mean, they can't even spell mispel! Ok, sorry. Too early in the morning and too soon after breakfast for me to even attempt to make jokes.

Here in Peine, it's been amazing. Well, technically we're in a village called Stederdorf. It's a beautiful little place, with green trees, colourful flowers, and awesome people. I've gone on several walks around the area, and I love it. Peine is nearby, about 5 minutes by car, and it's pretty cool too, but I haven't seen much of it yet.

Last night we had our two information meetings. Prior to our arrival, the church had put up advertisements in the paper and around town about LST, and about the info meetings. Unfortunately, for the first one, only 3 people showed up, and for the second one, only 2 people showed up. The good news, though, is that all 5 of them signed up for times to work with us! Aside from them, we also had 3 men sign up from when David, Amanda, and I went to visit Randy and Katy's language classes. So altogether, we have 8 signed up thus far.

On Monday I might go with Johannes, whose parents are hosting me for the first 3 weeks, to his high school. He'll talk to his teachers today about if that's alright, and if it is, I'll come in as a visitor, and explain what I'm doing (helping people practice their conversational english.)

I'm not sure what else to tell you for now, so I'll leave you with some requests:
  • That we have little to no culture shock.
  • That we are able to get more readers.
  • That I'm able to go with Johannes and talk to his classmates.
  • Continued team unity.
Thanks,
Viel Lieb
Karl

3 comments:

OzarkMom said...

Not quite sure if it was intentional, but the "new" if your blog should be spelled "knew."

I found (I think) the house you're staying in via Google - at least the roof. But I saw lots of green and a little lake or something fairly close.

It's a windy one this AM here. Hope it's nice there. Tell us how your lasagna turned out!

Love,
Mom

OzarkMom said...

PS: We're waiting for pics...

Karl said...

Well if you found this: http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=4311927619605076484,52.347148,10.242311&q=Konsumstra%C3%9Fe+%4052.347148,+10.242311&sll=52.347062,10.242326&sspn=0.001602,0.004833&ie=UTF8&ll=52.347275,10.242289&spn=0.001602,0.004833&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr
that's not where I am. That's the church.
I'm down the main road about 500m. I don't know the exact address though, so I can't find it on Google.

As for the lasagna, apparently our LST handbooks have a recipe in it. We'll see how that goes.