Tuesday, July 1, 2008

English Service (and more)

This past Saturday, I was able to go to the Harz Mountains afterall! (I missed my first chance due to sickness, but Randy, Tim, and I were able to go hiking this Saturday, and you can see pictures starting here.)

On Sunday, we had an English Service for church. There was an occasional German song, and most of the announcements and prayers were in German, but aside from that, we tried to do it in English. It was pretty cool, and even one lady I had been working with was able to come. She brought her two children, and so they asked her lots of questions during the service apparently. Hopefully she'll be able to return and get connected with the church members. She has lots of questions about the Bible and Christianity, with which I hope they can help her. (Pictures are here.)

Today will be my last day (at least for this trip...) to play soccer with the guys at the Burgschule. I'm hoping we'll be able to swap contact info, so when I return, we can go grab something to eat or drink and talk. (Pray for this, please?)

Thursday is our last party! And since it's July 3rd, we're having of a 4th of July party, on the 3rd. Pray that lots and lots of people will show up, please? We're really hoping to get people connected to the church members, so they can see what it's like being in a relationship with Christ.

On Friday is Freishiessen. Basically, it used to be a celebration where the winner of a shooting contest didn't have to pay his taxes for the whole year. Now, it's only your auto taxes that you can get out of, but still, that's a pretty good deal. Anyway, on Friday night, the 4th of July, there's going to be fireworks here! We'll get to celebrate Independence Day! Haha.

This will probably be the last post I do before we leave for home, so thanks for all your prayers and your encouragement. Can you please pray for the above things, as well as:
  • Continued team unity
  • Safe travel home (and no airport security issues.)
  • My internship (hopefully July 2009 - June 2010.)

No comments: