Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Answered Prayer.

Ok, so I found something out yesterday. I have been accepted to do an apprenticeship in Berlin next school year!! Thank you for your prayers, and support. Unfortunately, I don't have specific training or departure dates at the moment, or even an approximate budget. I was able to talk to the missionary on the phone today, and just talking to him for half an hour makes me want to be there all the more.

Basic things which came up in the convo include these:
Language school: Possible through the Goethe Insitut (goethe.de) or Berlitz (berlitz.us). I'm really liking what Goethe has. It has an 8 week in and out of classroom program which has a very good turn out, apparently. Anyway, things such as that will be ironed out in the coming weeks, as well as what all I will do.
Possible activities for me:
  • Interacting with the worship team (including tech support. Considering I was Frontline's Video Tech, that should be a cinch.
  • Hanging out with Ben and Jasmin (the missionaries)
  • Discussing theology/missiology in the context of Berlin with them.
  • Learning to navigate Berlin by myself (and doing prayer walks in the process)
  • Dreaming up possible new programs and whatnot
  • Manual labor
  • And just plain living life with people, and loving them.
Anyway...as I learn more details, I'll fill you in. But for now...could you talk to Dad for me on a few bits?
1. Wisdom for those planning out the details and the budget.
2. For me to be able to focus on schoolwork not only the remaining FIVE weeks of the semester, but also all of next semester.

Thanks again.
Grace and peace
Karl

6 comments:

Erik Mitchell said...

Congrats bro!!

Ryan said...

Congrats Karl, that's very exciting. God bless.

Karl said...

Thanks :)

OzarkMom said...

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him..." Psalm 37:3-7a

Father, we thank You that You are granting Karl the desires of his heart - to spread Your Word in the country of Germany. Bless him, Father, with patience, trust, complete obedience, faith, and commitment to Your work. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Congratulations, Son! Now the work begins. Keep focused on the task each day and your departure will be here before you know it!

We love you!
Mom & Dad

Karl said...

Thanks mom and dad,
I also pray that God takes care of you whilst I am gone.
I love you!

Mel said...

Congratulations! Best of luck!