Friday, April 24, 2009

Pause.

Hello All
The semester is almost over, and it's been quite some time since I last updated you! So, here goes. Due to the funds not coming in for my apprenticeship, I, along with several mentor type people, have concluded that I'm not ready to go yet. Therefore, I am going to wait, and focus on my spiritual growth, whilst raising the remaining $14,500. I will stay in Joplin through the summer, and on until the next, so I can become more involved in the spiritual community here, as well as in the community in general. They'll help me develop into the leader I need to be, and then some.
As for when my apprenticeship will now take place, I'm not sure yet. I talked to NMSI about the details, and they're fine with this turn of events. They too trust that something good will come of this, and so they're willing to put my funds on hold until I'm ready to go. I'm hoping I can leave July 2010, but we shall see. I hope and pray that in this time, I can connect with all of you more, and many others.
Please be praying for:
1. My patience.
2. My maturity.
3. The community.

Thanks for your prayers and support. I'll keep you updated on how things are going, but probably only once a month, or whenever something important happens.
Grace and Peace,
Karl

PS One thing I will be focusing on is praying for the state university in town (www.mssu.edu). Check out this: http://campusamerica.org/ for why and how.

No comments: