Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Start of a New Semester

Well, the school year began last week (or was it the week before?) I'm not really sure, because I'm currently on sabbatical. I'm unsure how long I will be, but for the time being, I'm occupied by community, hanging out with international students, and work. I must say, I'm having a beautiful time. This semester at MSSU, there are about 40 international students, with 15(ish) being European, and more specifically, 8 Germans. I've been getting to know them, and also getting a crash refresher course in Deutsch. At times, it's been quite overwhelming, but I don't mind. It's been great. Two of the Germans I've been hanging out with alot are Sebastian and Yvonne, from Bremen (about an hour from Hannover by car.) We've grilled, had pizza, made pasta, played Carcassonne and Schikanier, gone to IHOP, Pizza by Stout, and more. Not to mention critiqued each other on an incomplete knowledge of the others language (in good fun, of course.) All around...it's been good.

In other news...I still believe God was telling me not yet for the internship I was set to go on this year. Now that it's moved to next year, I think he's now asking, "Why are you going?" As in, am I going because He said to, or am I going because it's my way of controlling my life and what I do? Definitely been an item on my prayer list. I pray I can go, but at the moment, I'm straining my ear to hear what he really wants me to do, rather than what I want to do. Pray with me, please.

Until I figure out what's going on, I'm out.
Grace and Peace.

No comments: