Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bringing Heaven to Earth

To start off, thank you. For your prayers, encouragement, and blessing. It really helps steady my resolve to push forward. As an update, I've turned my application forms into Ozark, and so now I await word on continuing my degree.

I was reading Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell, and he says part of being a follower of Christ is bringing heaven to earth, and not just waiting to get to heaven. Now, I can see how to apply this in cases such as Haiti, or Africa, where we can send food or go dig wells. However, unless I've been completely blind and deaf, I am called to the modernized world of Western Europe. How do I bring heaven to earth there? I'm not of a profession which can shine into someone's existence. I'm just me. Maybe I'm making up excuses like Moses, but really, I have no idea what to do. Teach English, again? Well, I've done it, but I don't think I was that great at it. Really, teaching English is the only idea that comes to mind. If you look below this post, it offers a spot to comment and give input.
Please, feel free.

Grace and Peace.

1 comment:

David Knapp said...

Karl,

I'm glad to hear that you are returning to Ozark. For me Germany has always been about relationships. Nobody needs a well dug because everybody there is more well off than you or me. (Huh, no pun intended)

Amanda and I are "teaching" English but that is really just our job title. I feel our main focus is relationship building. As you know Germans desire friendships, so the opportunity is great.

If you decide on Germany that is great. If it is some other country that is fine also. I would just say this: What ever you go to do remember that Europe is interested in friendship. I think we need to let our light shine in those friendships because quite frankly Germany is a beautiful but spiritually dead country.

I don't know much about it but I heard that Berlin has a library or something. Karl the librarian has a nice ring to it... or maybe not. :)

Well anyhow God will show you something.

David