Friday, August 13, 2010

She said, "Yes!"

Not exactly sure where to start on this one, so I'll just work backwards. Last night, I asked my girlfriend, Casey, to marry me. She said "Yes." (Among other things..."Are you serious!?") Not going to lie, I'm pretty dang happy right now.

Now, how we got to that point? Well, we came home to Albuquerque for a week of meeting family and friends and doing as much relaxing as possible. Of course, that's not really happened, but I've been doing my best to be a good tour guide of my home town. Anyway, we had marked off the 12th as a day alone, so we started off going to Hurricane's Cafe for some breakfast. Then, we headed to Albuquerque's Old Town to walk around and do some shopping. After a few hours of that we headed to Tucano's Brazilian Grill for lunch. Following that was a short trip to the Albuquerque Art and History Museum, where we met a rather interesting curator. We then went home to have dinner with the family, since my brother and sister in law also came to town for a few days. After dinner and playing some games, and incinerating my little brother's RC car with fireworks, we headed to the foothills to watch the Pleiades Meteor Shower (I think that's what was going on.) Anyway, I decided that wasn't good enough. So I drove home, saying I had to use the restroom, when in fact I was running in to get the ring. Then, I drove her up to 10,000 feet, at the top of the Sandia Mountains. We stood there for about 15 or so minutes, in 55 deg weather, looking at the city lights below and the stars above.

She apparently was getting mad that I wasn't proposing, because I was too calm and she didn't think I was going to propose. She said "If you're cold, we can leave." (Genius here forgot to grab a coat when he got the ring.) So I kicked myself, and then pulled her close, and said "So, you're going to marry me, right?"
"Yes," was her response.
I replied, "You don't know how happy that makes me."
Of course, this didn't help her feeling angry at me, as she sarcastically replied, "I'm assuming that wasn't the proposal."
I said, "No, but this is." I got the ring out of my pocket, and got on one knee, and asked, "Casey, will you marry me?"
Then she backed away, doubled over, and put her hands on her face, yelling, "Oh my gosh. What?! Are you serious? Are you serious?!"
I, wasn't sure how to take it, so I just said, "Well, yea. Here's the ring."
She then came back to me, and said "Yes." Then, she continued crying as I hugged her.
I finally asked, "So, can I put the ring on your finger?" And it's beautiful. Here:



So as we move toward marriage, we ask for your prayer and support. We intend to serve God wherever, be it in Germany or elsewhere.
Thank you!

4 comments:

Toni Tralala said...

Congratulations on your engagement! :) I wish you a happy marriage.

Karl said...

Well, thank you! I'm going to feel really bad asking this, but do I know you?

Toni Tralala said...

Personally, NO. I merely stumbled across your blog and found the story incredibly sweet that I had to comment. :P

Karl said...

Ah, ok!