Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Brief Respite

For the next week, we are taking a break in Albuquerque. We are very thankful to be able to come and visit family, enjoy no humidity, eat good Mexican food, and, even more importantly, be able to get renewed and rested, physically and emotionally.
Here's an update on what has happened the past few weeks:
I (Karl) quit working at the restaurant. While I miss the people I met, including some of you who may be reading this, I am glad that I no longer am there. It was incredibly stressful, and I desired to do something more important in life. Now, I am working at an electronics recycling facility. Due to the disaster, we have been involved in cleaning up appliances and wiring in businesses and homes throughout Joplin. I am thankful for the job, and being able to play a part in cleaning up the mess, but it does take a toll as well. God has been gracious, though, and has given me a wife and friends with whom I can talk about what I see at work.
Casey also started her new job, working with behavioral disorder adults. She misses the preschool and the kids there, but is also glad to be doing something of value. She prays that she can help them to know Christ. Please join her in this prayer.
As for our internship, we have not yet heard the total cost. However, as soon as we do, we shall pass that along to you. In the meantime, we ask that you pray and consider setting aside money to help us reach the full amount. We thank God for you working alongside us.
Grace and Peace.

No comments: