Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Resurrection Day!

This weekend we're in Washington/Union, MO saying goodbye to Casey's side of the family. Saturday her mom hosted a going away party. I knew about 10% of those who came and had met only about 20% more. Needless to say, my inner introvert was happy when the last individuals left. However, with that said, I am thankful for those who did show up even though I didn't know them. Most of them had profound impacts on Casey's life as a child and adolescent. Today (Sunday) we visited her former home church and saw even more people that I barely know that helped shape Casey. I also got to see a former classmate, Jim Landis, who is now working there. It was good to see at least one familiar face.

Tomorrow we will go see Casey's stepfather, then spend more time with her grandparents. I know I've almost overused this word, but it doesn't make it untrue. This weekend, as the past few weeks, has been bittersweet. We've enjoyed saying bye to family and friends, but at the same time sad to do so.

Finally, as today was Resurrection Day, I hope all of you were able to adequately celebrate with others. Personally, I've been on edge due to the move and have been slightly less than pleasant. I regret being as such, and a hymn helped me through the worry of moving and the change. In Christ Alone is one of my favorites, and it's deep imagery was needed.

I shall leave you with a picture of my beautiful wife and very dapper son.
Grace and peace.

No comments: