Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Just Keep Going

Happy Incarnation and New Year!

Do you remember that scene in Finding Nemo where Dori starts singing, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."? As I commute home in the winter months, that is always going through my head. Except I modify it to, "Just keep pedaling, just keep pedaling..." Considering this past week has been approximately 30° F everyday as I go to and come from work, not including the windchill, that is about all I can manage. Marlin is listening to the encouragement of Dori with the hope that they will find the lost address. I am listening to my body with the hope that I will make it home without hypothermia.

I also frequently have mantras such as these in my life. Whether it is just keep praying, just keep believing, or just keep going, they help me through life. For instance, as we try to identify our next steps in life, "just keep going" is helpful. As a perfectionist, I hate not knowing the exact steps to take to have the perfect outcome. Therefore, I have had to learn through the years to "just keep going," even if it means making tons of mistakes along the way. I am listening to myself with the hope that even with the mistakes, that it will all work out in the end.

Many of you may know that we are currently looking at relocating back to the Midwest (or as I prefer to call it, central USA.) We don't feel our time in Albuquerque has been a mistake, but we believe that we are being led to venture forth and "just keep going." There are a few reasons we feel we need to "just keep going." One big reason is Dante's eczema. Eczema and deserts do not go well together. They may have sent Tuberculosis patients to the southwest because of the dry air, but the humidity of the Midwest is what eczema needs. Every time we visit Missouri, by the end of the 5-7 days, his eczema has cleared up. As parents, the thought of not having to continuously cover him with steroidal cream and lotion is good enough to consider the relocation. So in part, we are listening to experience with the hope that humidity will help heal Dante naturally.

Being a cyclist, I will miss the dry roads, but I can still do good there, through World Bicycle Relief and local charity rides. I fully intend to continue making a difference on (and off) the bike. We are all hoping to get a chance at being more involved with a church and our community. Unfortunately, my changing schedules have prohibited us from having that ability. Speaking of which, while I am currently looking to relocate with Verizon Wireless, if you have any leads on jobs over the next few months, feel free to let me know. (We are looking at St. Louis or Chicago, at the moment.) Our lease is ending March 31, so not too much of a rush, but gaining urgency.

As always, thank you for following along and praying with and for us. Please let us know how we can pray for you.

For now, "just keep going."
Karl for the Mitchells

No comments: