Monday, January 12, 2015

Poetry and Passion

As we attempt to just keep going and figure out what's in store for us next, I have decided to start regularly posting on here. By regular, I'm talking every two weeks, if I remember to do so. My current idea is to post one poem and one success story from World Bicycle Relief. I would love feedback on the poetry, but even more so I hope the success stories encourage you to consider becoming involved with WBR as I share it as my passion to help others. (For reference: Out of the $1340 I am supposed to help raise, my total is at $159.)

Lies, written Oct 31, 2014.

Passing the buck, it's what we do
Not caring who it hurts or if it's true. As long as the spotlight isn't on us, We don't mind who we throw under the bus.But why should we own it with no examples? Generation after generation, there are but a few responsible samples. Whether it is the man pointing to the woman or the woman to the snake, Do we humans even realize what's at stake? The first lie we ever heard was from the serpent, And then our Father asked us where we were, wanting us to repent.  Unfortunately, it has continued down the line, Showing who has guts and who has no spine. I know I too have fallen, echoing Adam and blaming my wife, Yet I just have to open my eyes and see this causing strife.  They say they truth will set you free;How long until I allow this for me?


Isaac Lungu

Isaac Lungu has used and loved bicycles all his life, which is why he was intrigued when he heard about a bicycle assembly center in a nearby village. Not long after, he found himself earning a steady income as an assembler for World Bicycle Relief.
Isaac and his wife Mary, married since 1995, have long struggled to make ends meet, often working as day laborers to save money. By 2003, they had saved enough to build their own home. However, not many years later, Isaac and Mary suffered a great loss when Isaac's parents died and the rest of his family took all of the family belongings—everything from family photos to the family vehicle, an unjust practice widely known as "property grabbing" that often occurs after a family death. Nonetheless, Isaac and Mary pressed forward and soon learned about World Bicycle Relief.
Today, Isaac doesn't hesitate to note that he finds refuge and security in his new-found steady income. He opened his first bank account upon working with WBR and is providing well for his family. Isaac is proud to work for WBR, stating "A bicycle is easy transport. Bicycles don't need fuel. As long as you keep it well maintained, you will be set." Isaac lives this out as he rides his bike to his job at WBR each day.

1 comment:

OzarkMom said...

I wish there was a like button! Thank you for both, but especially the WBR posting.

Love you!