Sunday, April 5, 2015

They Ruined it for Everyone

Since we're going on our extended road trip, I was trying to figure out how to tether my Kindle 3g to minimize my cellular data usage. As I searched the web, I realized Amazon had put a stop to that a few years ago. As such, many people were complaining about "the few"  who ruined it for "the many."

Standing in church today, I found myself in a similar situation. I (and I assume others) have wondered (and fumed)  as to why Adam and Eve had to ruin it for the rest of humanity. They took the first bite, as it were, of sin.

It's true, with both examples, if it weren't those who did it, others would have done it later. If those that ruined Kindle tethering in 2011 or 2012 hadn't done it, those in 2013 or 2014 would have. Or if it weren't Adam and Eve it would have been Cain or Abel or their siblings taking the first bite.

But there is a difference between these two situations. With the Kindle, there is no getting around the block. Even if you figured it out, your device ID will be tied to the data stream and Jeff Bezos will track you down.

However, with sin, we have a way out. There's a way to defeat it, without a loophole. As unfair as it is, Jesus, God incarnate, is our champion. Just as he came out of the womb, he emerged from the tomb. He defeats sin and death to reverse Adam and Eve did, or what Cain and Abel or anyone else would have done.

That is the good news. The euangelion is true. How will you live it?

No comments: